3SGEOTECH® has designed and developed different systems and solutions with the objective to improve the security conditions and operation performances in open pit mines. It could be remarked the following systems and solutions:
- · 3STUTOR® Rockfall drape protection system: rockfall protection and guidance of falling materials.
- · Snow mesh 3STUTOR® : system to reduce avalanche risks.
- · 3SGEOTECH® Rockfall protection barriers.
- · Flexible slope stabilization systems to contain unstable pits.
3SGEOTECH® has developed the operative systems 3S-SOPROMIN®, specially designed for rockfall protection in mining applications and to be installed in big open pit mines under intensive operation. These systems have been designed from the adaptation of rockfall protection kits 3SGEOTECH® type in order to satisfy the strict requirements demanded in mining operation conditions. In this way, 3S-SOPROMIN® systems allow performing simultaneously different mining operation activities and overlapping different phases, always with maximum safety guarantee and without affecting to mining production performances.
Advantages of 3S-SOPROMIN® systems:
- · Folding systems which allow performing mining operations in upper locations without the obligation to disassemble the systems.
- · Fast and easy disassemble and assemble of the system, when is necessary for temporally mobilization of the system due to controlled explosions of pit mine.
- · Systems designed to be installed in different locations according to mining operation phases.
- · Modular system for a quickly disassemble and assemble.
- · Standardized systems composed by reduced number of components.
- · Low maintenance operations with a quickly and easy replacement of components damaged.
Stabilization systems type 3SGEOTECH®
Stabilization systems are based on the installation of flexible slope stabilization systems type 3SGEOTECH® combined with an adequate anchor system. The objective of these systems is to guarantee the stability and security of trucks and people moves through the ramps or under unstable areas (pits, rock wedges…) in the mine which shows areas of potential collapse risk.
Combined systems to optimize mining operations
Using 3SGEOTECH® systems in a combined way in opencast mines allow optimizing operation performances, through the utilization of more aggressive angles during the excavation of the mining pits. In this way, the following advantages are obtained:
- · Reduction of circulation ramp widths.
- · Increasing of height pits.
- · Reduction of useless material volume obtained during the excavation.
- · Higher performance of useful material obtained during mining operations.